Subject: Re: bug#30758: 25.3; Cannot exit minibuffer with C-g when opening file or switching buffers

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 22:05:05 -0500

unarchive 26289
reopen 26289
merge 30758 29063 26289
quit

Tim Fischbach <[email-masked]> writes:

> I am facing the exact problem described in 
>
>   https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=26289
>
> on both Emacs 25.3.2 and 24.5.1 also via `emacs -Q`. 
> When running emacs inside the terminal via `emacs -nw` the problem
> does not occur.

Do you see the same symptoms described in
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29063#17

    I have also noticed that, with toggle-debug-on-quit on, just typing C-g
    while in the normal writing buffer will always send me to the debugger on
    only one line:

    Debugger entered--Lisp error: (quit)
      internal-timer-start-idle()

    This happens in the broken emacs only, and C-g here does nothing in the
    working emacs. Likewise, in the broken emacs, while I am highlighting text
    with C-space, C-g will 50% of the time cancel the highlight and 50% of the
    time open the above debugger on the timer start function.