Subject: bug#30757: Better manipulation (suppressing, examining type) of warnings from *Warnings* buffer

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 09:53:58 -0500

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 9:24 AM, Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> It would be nice if warnings in the *Warnings* buffer came with some
>>> kind of button to let the user add the relevant value to
>>> warning-suppress-types or warning-suppress-log-types.
>>
>
> Reading your message on emacs-devel, I guess you'd want this kind of
> change to be made permanent? So customize-push-and-save of the
> resulting values?

Ah, yes, something using customize was more what I had in mind.

Also, potentially reusing the Warning(foo) prefix for the button might
save some space, the different types of suppression could accessed by
different keybindings/mouse clicks (maybe that conflicts with the
"easy to use" goal, though, not sure).

For reference, the emacs-devel post:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2018-03/msg00314.html