Subject: Re: bug#30756: gcc7 doesn't find stdlib.h

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 08 May 2018 15:21:28 +0200

Hi Mark,

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:

> [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>> I pushed the patch as a stop-gap measure in
>> 91a56b4ab5e714e230c0088fb9f5ce0519efe1a0.
>
> FYI, this did not fix the build failure of 'gjs' on core-updates.  After
> merging 'master' into my private branch based on 'core-updates',
> including your commit above, I tried reverting the workarounds for 'gjs'
> that I described earlier in this thread, except that I left 'gcc-7' in
> the native-inputs.  It failed with the same error as before.
>
> Looking at the full log, I see that in the 'set-paths' phase, although
> 'CPATH' is now being set thanks to your commit above, 'C_INCLUDE_PATH'
> and 'CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH' are still being set as well.  I guess this is
> because gcc-final (based on gcc-5) is still included as an implicit
> input for gnu-build-system.

Yes, that’s what Giel reported as well, and Giel ended up having to
explicitly unset the *_INCLUDE_PATH variables (which come from the
implicit gcc@5 input, indeed.)

Thanks for your feedback,
Ludo’.