Subject: bug#30754: GuixSD installation problem

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 13:43:36 +0100

amar <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I am trying to install guixSD 0.14 x86_64 following the installation docs, i am unable to get past `guix system init` part, which runs for a while then shows me the same error, i tried 3 times.
>
> https://gist.github.com/radamar/e81359d5f0bd2423632abd9528365654

Pasting it here so that it doesn’t get lost:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
 Script started on 2018-03-09 07:59:00+0100                                                                 
 root@gnu ~# guix system init /mnt/etc/config.scm /mnt                                                      
 Backtrace:                                                                                                 
 10 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/j6sc9vxxhw9jxdp6c23ahl6mgdf…")                                              
 In guix/ui.scm:                                                                                            
 1452:12 9 (run-guix-command _ . _)                                                                         
 In ice-9/boot-9.scm:                                                                                       
 837:9 8 (catch _ _ #<procedure 7fe0e2f87070 at guix/ui.scm:513…> …)                                        
 837:9 7 (catch _ _ #<procedure 7fe0e2f87088 at guix/ui.scm:611…> …)                                        
 In guix/scripts/system.scm:                                                                                
 1109:8 6 (_)                                                                                               
 983:6 5 (process-action _ _ _)                                                                             
 In guix/store.scm:                                                                                         
 1444:24 4 (run-with-store _ _ #:guile-for-build _ #:system _ # _)                                          
 In guix/scripts/system.scm:                                                                                
 714:2 3 (_ _)                                                                                              
 In gnu/services.scm:                                                                                       
 317:2 2 (_ _)                                                                                              
 In gnu/system.scm:                                                                                         
 433:28 1 (_ _)                                                                                             
 967:34 0 (operating-system-boot-parameters-file #<<operating-sy…> …)                                       
 gnu/system.scm:967:34: In procedure operating-system-boot-parameters-file:                                 
 gnu/system.scm:967:34: In procedure struct_vtable: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting struct): #f
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Ludo’.