Subject: bug#30745: 26.0.91; ert should macros nest strangely

From: [email-masked] (Phillip Lord)
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 08:54:41 +0000

Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> writes:

> [email-masked] (Phillip Lord) writes:
>
>> This regression is caused by:
>>
>> commit 054c198c120c1f01a8ff753892d52710b740acc6
>
> Hmm, according to https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24402#56
> we thought nesting should still have worked, but apparently that was too
> optimistic.

Unfortunately, yes. I didn't try nesting two ert-deftest macros, just
two should's. As the original bug report suggests it's for testing a
test library (https://github.com/phillord/assess).

I do have a work around now (which is to unnest the shoulds); and
fortunately, this work-around is backward compatible which is important
for me. I still have another test failure in my library,
though. Probably caused by the same thing but I haven't worked on it
yet.

Phil