Subject: 26.0.91; ERT "wrong-type-argument" errors

From: Live System User <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2018 16:00:24 -0500

Hi,

        After running ERT test and choosing various menu selections,
        I get "bwrong-type-argument" errors.

`       For example:

            ERT Results -> Show messages

        Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.10)
 of 2018-02-03 built on localhost.localdomain
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11803000
Recent messages:
Fetching headers for nnimap+aol:INBOX...done
Scoring...done
Sorting threads...done
completing-read-default: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/tmp/nff/usr --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg
 --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-gpm=yes --with-modules
 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O0 -ggdb3 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
 -fexceptions --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64
 -mtune=generic' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSDATA: /tmp/nff/de2/fedora-emacs-src/emacs-26.0/etc
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /tmp/nff/de2/fedora-emacs-src/emacs-26.0/lisp
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-desktop-notify-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail sort gnus-cite smiley ansi-color mail-extr
gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml disp-table cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh
nndoc mm-archive timezone url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth
url-handlers utf-7 rfc2104 nnfolder network-stream nsm gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-cache gnus-demon
nntp gnus-desktop-notify easy-mmode notifications dbus xml epa-file
nnreddit mm-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs url-vars json map gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap cl sieve sieve-mode
sieve-manage starttls sasl sasl-anonymous sasl-login sasl-plain nnir
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message rmc puny seq dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822
mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus wid-edit nnoo nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils pp cl-print
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-extra thingatpt help-fns
radix-tree help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs cl-lib elec-pair time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 308043 33961)
 (symbols 48 125098 2)
 (miscs 40 181 254)
 (strings 32 118337 7430)
 (string-bytes 1 3926047)
 (vectors 16 28317)
 (vector-slots 8 983299 61128)
 (floats 8 219 602)
 (intervals 56 5993 0)
 (buffers 992 35)
 (heap 1024 76552 6921))