Subject: bug#30720: closed (Re: bug#30720: Dead link (translation page) on home page)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 23:43:02 +0000

Your bug report

#30720: Dead link (translation page) on home page

which was filed against the gzip package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
30720: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=30720
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#30720: Dead link (translation page) on home page
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: "Garreau, Alexandre" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 15:41:52 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 03/05/2018 12:49 PM, Garreau, Alexandre wrote:
> Here <https://www.gnu.org/software/gzip/> I found what appears to me to
> be a dead link (or maybe rather just a broken link):
> <https://translationproject.org/domain/gzip.html> (Translation Project
> page for Gzip).

That link appears to be an error, since the gzip source code is not set 
up for translation. I'll remove it from the web page. Thanks for 
reporting it. (Of course it would be nice to add translation support, 
and if we do that we can bring this back to the web page.)

Subject: Dead link (translation page) on home page
From: "Garreau\, Alexandre" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 21:49:47 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Here <https://www.gnu.org/software/gzip/> I found what appears to me to
be a dead link (or maybe rather just a broken link):
<https://translationproject.org/domain/gzip.html> (Translation Project
page for Gzip).

Except for the proper forementioned web page cleansing/update, out of
curiosity, what have happenned to this page? or rather, where do that
link come from? I haven’t anyhow found any translation file in gzip
source, nor gettext usage except from getopt.c. And my system (Debian)
accordingly doesn’t package any localisation file with gzip, which
anyway naturally always stays in english.