Subject: bug#30715: closed (Re: bug#30715: qemu-minimal fails its tests)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 22:00:03 +0000

Your bug report

#30715: qemu-minimal fails its tests

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
30715: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=30715
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#30715: qemu-minimal fails its tests
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 22:59:20 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 09:04:34PM +0100, Andreas Enge wrote:
> builder for `/gnu/store/d5mkvgcyix959dlgka43qf66d1252hv8-qemu-minimal-2.10.2.drv' failed with exit code 1

After updating to a more recent git checkout, qemu-minimal is downloaded from
hydra:
/gnu/store/8l47i793wnddcp476cc819hzndhmpwdb-qemu-minimal-2.10.2

Given that the problem was likely to be a lack of memory in my machine,
I am closing this bug.

Thanks,

Andreas

Subject: qemu-minimal fails its tests
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 21:04:34 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

trying to do a "./pre-inst-env guix system reconfigure" using the recent
git checkout 0ebc1b934d39b6c924cbe17fd37ceb2b201e9ac2 on my x86_64 virtual
machine results in the following error:

TEST: tests/qom-test... (pid=15434)
  /mips64el/qom/boston:                                                qemu-system-mips64el: cannot set up guest memory 'boston.ddr': Cannot allocate memory
Broken pipe
FAIL
GTester: last random seed: R02Sd3c0490c8b666ccab1db97138a9db879
(pid=15440)
  /mips64el/qom/none:                                                  OK
  /mips64el/qom/mips:                                                  OK
  /mips64el/qom/magnum:                                                OK
  /mips64el/qom/mipssim:                                               OK
  /mips64el/qom/malta:                                                 OK
  /mips64el/qom/pica61:                                                OK
  /mips64el/qom/fulong2e:                                              OK
FAIL: tests/qom-test
TEST: tests/test-hmp... (pid=15463)
  /mips64el/hmp/boston:                                                qemu-system-mips64el: cannot set up guest memory 'boston.ddr': Cannot allocate memory
Broken pipe
FAIL
GTester: last random seed: R02Sc4139b0a69c57a2ebaf419364d79262e
(pid=15469)
  /mips64el/hmp/none:                                                  OK
  /mips64el/hmp/mips:                                                  OK
  /mips64el/hmp/magnum:                                                OK
  /mips64el/hmp/mipssim:                                               OK
  /mips64el/hmp/malta:                                                 OK
  /mips64el/hmp/pica61:                                                OK
  /mips64el/hmp/fulong2e:                                              OK
FAIL: tests/test-hmp
make: *** [/tmp/guix-build-qemu-minimal-2.10.2.drv-0/qemu-2.10.2/tests/Makefile.include:837: check-qtest-mips64el] Error 1
phase `check' failed after 871.0 seconds
builder for `/gnu/store/d5mkvgcyix959dlgka43qf66d1252hv8-qemu-minimal-2.10.2.drv' failed with exit code 1
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/frr618fvww67npki8phxcxpcgg6l7dfh-grub-2.02.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix system: error: build failed: build of `/gnu/store/frr618fvww67npki8phxcxpcgg6l7dfh-grub-2.02.drv' failed

Andreas