Subject: bug#30710: guix graph gives duplicate nodes

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 21:28:31 +0100

Hi,
> This is expected.  Strictly speaking, we’re talking about two different
> package objects, hence the different IDs.

I wonder

a) whether it is useful to have different graph nodes for the same package.

This is about usability of the resulting graph, esp. since this is the
default graph output format. Does it help *users* for their analysis? Or
is this some *expert* insight?

b) how there can be different package objects for the same package

To my understanding, e.g. (gnu packages base) is loaded once, defining
package object abcd once and assigning it to a variable. All packages
referring to abcd use the some package object. So there should be only
*one* package object.

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |