Subject: bug#30700: 27.0.50; Broken tests on macOS

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 16:13:25 +0200

Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]> writes:

>> The following tests fail for me on macOS with a recent master build:
>
> An update: I've run the testsuite again. The errors I got this time are:

>    FAILED  25/46  tramp-test19-directory-files-and-attributes (1.931638 sec)
>    FAILED  28/46  tramp-test22-file-times (2.090504 sec)

> These are two different representations of the same time. Probably
> something should normalize the return values to the canonical format.

These do not fail for me after the fixes applied for Bug#36940.

>    FAILED   5/24  echo-server-with-dns (0.003934 sec)
>
> Same as before.

I'm not seeing this failure.

>    FAILED   9/10  shadow-test08-shadow-todo (0.170742 sec)
>    FAILED  10/10  shadow-test09-shadow-copy-files (2.697340 sec)
>
> I don't understand these yet.

These no longer fails for me after the fixes applied for Bug#37202.

---

As a general suggestion, perhaps it's easier if we can track the
failures in one bug per package and platform, instead of having them all
per platform.

That way, I believe that they will be more visible to the relevant
maintainers in the bug tracker, and it will be easier to find out what
is still failing without having to sift through a mass of information
regarding separate issues.  (Compare the response Bug#37202 got with the
one you received here for one data point.)

If you agree with the above, could I suggest that we close this bug
report, since most issues are fixed, and that if you are still seeing
the echo-server-with-dns test failure, that you open a new one
specifically for that?

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas