Subject: Re: bug#30700: 27.0.50; Broken tests on macOS

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 12:59:13 +0000

On Sun, Mar 04, 2018 at 08:05:02PM +0100, Philipp wrote:
> 
> The following tests fail for me on macOS with a recent master build:
> 
> network-stream-tests:
> 
> Test echo-server-with-dns backtrace:
>   make-network-process(:name "server" :server t :noquery t :family ipv
>   make-server("p")
>   (let* ((server (make-server (system-name))) (port (aref (process-con
>   (closure (t) nil (let* ((server (make-server (system-name))) (port (
>   ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
>   ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name echo-server-with-dns :documentation n
>   ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (or (tag :expensi
>   ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable))) #f(co
>   ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))
>   ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
>   eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
>   command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/net/network-stream-t
>   command-line()
>   normal-top-level()
> Test echo-server-with-dns condition:
>     (error "p/0 nodename nor servname provided, or not known")
> 
> The macOS firewall prevents creating the server here.  Probably we
> should just skip this test on macOS.

Are you sure that’s what’s going on? The other server tests appear to
work. I would expect this one to fail on my set up because the DNS
entry for my computer only has an IPv6 address, but this test seems to
rely on IPv4.

> flymake-tests:
> 
> 3 unexpected results:
>    FAILED  included-c-header-files
>    FAILED  warning-predicate-function-gcc
>    FAILED  warning-predicate-rx-gcc
> 
> These tests fail because they seem to invoke GCC, and on macOS GCC is
> actually Clang, so the output format is different from what's expected.

They work in an interactive emacs session. I just manually ran through
the first one to see if there’s anything clearly different going on
but it seems right. I don’t understand why they fail from ‘make
check’.

-- 
Alan Third