Subject: Re: bug#30680: [racket-users] Using Racket's raco on on Guix(SD)

From: Christopher Lemmer Webber <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2018 19:28:46 -0400

Nils Gillmann writes:

> Christopher Lemmer Webber transcribed 3.3K bytes:

>> BTW, some examples of packages where I've had trouble, in case it helps
>> with testing:
>> 
>>  - Raart
>>  - Gregor
>>  - crypto (seemed to work last time, not sure why it wasn't working before)
>> 
>> Though at this point I also can't do just "raco setup" on a local
>> package either, but maybe resolving this issue will fix that.
>> 
> From what I've learned in the last couple of hours, the last problem could
> be due to leftovers in your raco / dotRacket folder from an older installation.

Would be nice if it were so simple, but:

Having removed ~/.racket, try:

$ git clone https://github.com/cwebber/racket-linkeddata.git
$ cd racket-linkeddata/linkeddata

cwebber@jasmine:~/devel/racket-linkeddata/linkeddata$ raco setup
open-output-file: cannot open output file
  path: /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/openssl/compiled/tmp15340298121534029812614
  system error: Read-only file system; errno=30
  context...:
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/racket/private/more-scheme.rkt:261:28
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/racket/file.rkt:199:0: call-with-atomic-output-file20
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/compiler/cm.rkt:363:0: compile-zo*
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/compiler/cm.rkt:572:26
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/compiler/cm.rkt:564:42
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/compiler/cm.rkt:635:0: compile-root
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/compiler/cm.rkt:688:15
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/compiler/cm.rkt:635:0: compile-root
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/compiler/cm.rkt:688:15
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/compiler/cm.rkt:635:0: compile-root
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/compiler/cm.rkt:688:15
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/compiler/cm.rkt:635:0: compile-root
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/compiler/cm.rkt:782:4: compilation-manager-load-handler
   standard-module-name-resolver
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/setup/main.rkt: [running body]
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/raco/main.rkt: [running body]
cwebber@jasmine:~/devel/racket-linkeddata/linkeddata$ 

Likewise, Gregor and Raart do not install:

$ mv ~/.racket ~/.racket-borked
$ raco pkg install gregor   # lots of errors during install
$ racket
racket@> (require gregor)
explode-path: contract violation
  expected: (or/c path-for-some-system? path-string?)
  given: #f
  context...:
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/racket/path.rkt:116:0: do-explode-path
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/racket/path.rkt:126:0: find-relative-path7
   /home/cwebber/.racket/6.12/pkgs/tzinfo/tzinfo/private/zoneinfo.rkt:117:2: for-loop
   /home/cwebber/.racket/6.12/pkgs/tzinfo/tzinfo/private/zoneinfo.rkt:107:0: read-tzids
   /home/cwebber/.racket/6.12/pkgs/tzinfo/tzinfo/private/zoneinfo.rkt:70:0: make-zoneinfo-source
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/racket/contract/private/arrow-val-first.rkt:388:18
   /home/cwebber/.racket/6.12/pkgs/tzinfo/tzinfo/main.rkt:63:0: system-tzid
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/racket/contract/private/arrow-val-first.rkt:388:18
   /home/cwebber/.racket/6.12/pkgs/gregor-lib/gregor/private/moment.rkt: [running body]
   /home/cwebber/.racket/6.12/pkgs/gregor-lib/gregor/private/generics.rkt: [traversing imports]
   /home/cwebber/.racket/6.12/pkgs/gregor-lib/gregor/private/clock.rkt: [traversing imports]
   /home/cwebber/.racket/6.12/pkgs/gregor-lib/gregor/main.rkt: [traversing imports]
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/racket/private/misc.rkt:88:7

... install raart, lots of "cannot open output file" error messages ...
racket@> (require raart)
get-module-code: no such file: #<path:/home/cwebber/.racket/6.12/pkgs/ansi/ansi/private/tty-raw-extension.rkt>
  context...:
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/syntax/modcode.rkt:120:0: get-module-path54
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/syntax/modcode.rkt:225:0: get-module-code82
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/racket/private/more-scheme.rkt:261:28
   standard-module-name-resolver
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/racket/private/more-scheme.rkt:261:28
   standard-module-name-resolver
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/racket/private/more-scheme.rkt:261:28
   standard-module-name-resolver
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/racket/require-transform.rkt:266:2: expand-import
   parse-reprov-spec1
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/syntax/wrap-modbeg.rkt:46:4
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/racket/private/more-scheme.rkt:261:28
   standard-module-name-resolver
   /gnu/store/jx0bkmaafb8fq0mqs5ywgnxq8rbpn8j1-racket-6.12/share/racket/collects/racket/private/misc.rkt:88:7