Subject: bug#30660: mention describe-bindings on (info "(emacs) Keymaps")

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 19:03:48 +0200

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 15:14:45 +0100
> Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], 
> 	積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]>
> 
> Re-reading your message, I see that you also asked for a
> "cross-reference in the elisp manual which points to that".  My patch
> did not add such a reference.  That was an oversight on my part.

Yes, that's what I was missing.  Also, the log message says

  * lisp/help-fns.el (describe-keymap): New command to show key bindings
  for a given keymap.  (Bug#30660)
  * doc/emacs/help.texi (Misc Help): Document it.

but I see no patch part that describes describe-keymap in help.texi...

> Perhaps we could add the reference in the separate patch that removes
> describe-bindings from the elisp manual instead.

I meant to have a reference to the description of describe-keymap.
What to do with describe-bindings is a separate issue.  I'm okay with
removing it as well, leaving its only description in the user manual,
and having a cross-reference to that in the ELisp manual.

Thanks.