Subject: bug#30660: mention describe-bindings on (info "(emacs) Keymaps")

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 15:14:45 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > I'd prefer to have just one description in the user manual, and have a
>> > cross-reference in the ELisp manual which points to that.
>>
>> OK, I've removed it in the attached patch.
>
> This seems to do the opposite of what I've been talking about, no?
> What am I missing?

I'm not sure; I might have misunderstood you.

In the quote above, you write "I'd prefer to have just one description
in the user manual".  In the patch, I therefore removed the addition
to the elisp manual, while keeping the addition to the user manual.

Re-reading your message, I see that you also asked for a
"cross-reference in the elisp manual which points to that".  My patch
did not add such a reference.  That was an oversight on my part.

Perhaps we could add the reference in the separate patch that removes
describe-bindings from the elisp manual instead.  I think that
logically makes more sense, since these commands are related and could
be better explained if they're kept together in one brief paragraph.

Please clarify if any of the above is incorrect.  Thanks in advance
and sorry for any confusion.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas