Subject: bug#30660: mention describe-bindings on (info "(emacs) Keymaps")

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 10:12:08 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > Also, do we want to have some reasonable default value for this
>> > prompt?
>> 
>> I'm not sure, what would be a reasonable default?  The keymap of the
>> current major mode?
>
> I thought about the description in "Active Keymaps".

Do you mean to use the first active keymap?

I can see how that make sense, and would probably be intuitive when
trying to figure out what keymap is active in different parts of a
buffer (for example over a button).

If that's what you're thinking of, I wonder if there's any way to get
the name of the highest precedent keymap among the active keymaps?

This was the first thing I tried, but it didn't work:

   (car (current-active-maps t (point)))

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas