Subject: bug#30660: mention describe-bindings on (info "(emacs) Keymaps")

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 03:16:30 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> +@findex describe-keymap
>> +Finally, @kbd{M-x describe-keymap} prompts for the name of a keymap
>> +variable and displays a listing of all key bindings in that keymap.
>
> This should mention the completion on keymaps:
>
>   "...prompts for the name of a keymap, with completion, and displays
>   the listing of all the key bindings in that keymap."

Fixed, thanks.  I now have:

    @findex describe-keymap
    Finally, @kbd{M-x describe-keymap} prompts for the name of a keymap,
    with completion, and displays a listing of all key bindings in that
    keymap.

> Also, do we want to have some reasonable default value for this
> prompt?

I'm not sure, what would be a reasonable default?  The keymap of the
current major mode?

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas