Subject: bug#30631: Automake 1.6 fails to build with perl 5.18.2

From: Torsten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2018 21:40:35 +1100

Hello,

I have found the same bug as you (and have a solution)

The problem is that automake 1.16 is importing the function "none" from
perl List::Util module.
Unfortunately,  "none" was only added to that module in v 1.33 and Perl
5.18 has an older version.
This only occurs in "bin/automake.in"

The simplest patch is for the authors to change

use List::Util 'none'
=>
use List::Util 'any'

And replace their use of the function (only one case) as so:

&& none {
=>
&& ! any {

I can't seem to find an online bug tracker for automake so I am guessing
the mailing list I
found your message on is all there is?

If so, could you please pass this on to the maintainers?

Best,

Torsten

A/Prof. Torsten Seemann
*Lead Bioinformatician*
*Melbourne Bioinformatics: melbournebioinformatics.org.au
<http://melbournebioinformatics.org.au>*
*Microbiological Diagnostic Unit Public Health Laboratory:
mduphl.unimelb.edu.au <http://mduphl.unimelb.edu.au>*
*University of Melbourne, Parkville, AUSTRALIA.*