Subject: Re: bug#30626: 26.0.91; Crash when traversing a `stream-of-directory-files'

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 15:20:08 +0200

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> > [Patch...]
>
> Works for me, and it makes sense.  As a test case I recompiled
> el-search.el (it uses streams for several things) with your patch
> applied to stream.el, and it worked well.

@Nicolas: If you are short on time, can we just install this patch?
I've tested it for a while and it works well, and I'm quite sure it is
harmless (doesn't change any semantics apart from fixing the crashes).

> > - stream-make should use cons instead of list (or maybe a struct?).
>
> I think cons would be ok.  Would a struct make things slower?
>
> > - stream-empty should just be a constant.
>
> Dunno if there are cases where this would be problematic, but I guess we
> could do this as well.

@Nicolas: Do you want us to care about this or do you want to have a
look yourself?  I don't want to hurry, I just don't want this to be
forgotten.  If you say you have time in four months, it's still ok.

Thanks,

Michael.