Subject: bug#30624: closed (Re: bug#30624: 27.0.50; dired-create-destination-dirs doesn't work when renaming more than one file)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2018 03:23:02 +0000

Your bug report

#30624: 27.0.50; dired-create-destination-dirs doesn't work when renaming more than one file

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
30624: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=30624
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#30624: 27.0.50; dired-create-destination-dirs doesn't work when renaming more than one file
From: Tino Calancha <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2018 12:22:20 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Please wait a few days, and if there are no comments,
> please push to master.
Pushed fix into master branch as commit
"Honor dired-create-destination-dirs if copying/renaming >1 files"
(0b690a83f674a160ccbaa9f374226b1fcfb2d535)

Subject: 27.0.50; dired-create-destination-dirs doesn't work when renaming more than one file
From: Amos Bird <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 10:29:09 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I'm using emacs 27.0.50 and have dired-create-destination-dirs set 
to 'always.
When renaming more than one files to a new directory, dired throws 
an error at
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/dired-aux.el.gz:1891 . It 
fails early before
it has time to check whether a new directory should be created.

regards,

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 
3.22.27)
 of 2018-02-14 built on t450s
Repository revision: 298275c595f6ca9e77f8131d34dda2b58fe1faa5
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.11906000
System Description: Arch Linux

Recent messages:
Checking 4 files in 
/home/amos/.emacs.d/.local/packages/elpa/vimish-fold-20171231.2212...
Checking 4 files in 
/home/amos/.emacs.d/.local/packages/elpa/yapfify-20180105.1447...
Checking 4 files in 
/home/amos/.emacs.d/.local/packages/elpa/fcitx-20170913.1900...
Checking 20 files in 
/home/amos/.emacs.d/.local/packages/elpa/multiple-cursors-20170908.1452...
Checking 4 files in 
/home/amos/.emacs.d/.local/packages/elpa/opencl-mode-20170816.549...
Checking for load-path shadows...done
Error during redisplay: (eval (doom-modeline-format--main)) 
signaled (wrong-type-argument stringp nil) [4 times]
Auto-saving...
Error during redisplay: (eval (doom-modeline-format--main)) 
signaled (wrong-type-argument stringp nil) [2 times]
Buffer *unsent mail to bug-gnu-emacs* modified; kill anyway? (y or 
n) y
dired-do-create-files: Marked Move: target must be a directory: 
/home/amos/git/ccutils/ffffff/
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL 
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT
LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 THREADS LIBSYSTEMD 
JSON LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: C
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  company-statistics-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-save-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  evil-escape-mode: t
  evil-snipe-override-mode: t
  evil-snipe-mode: t
  evil-snipe-override-local-mode: t
  evil-snipe-local-mode: t
  realign-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  evilified-leader-override-mode: t
  global-evilified-leader-override-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  dired-omit-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  ws-butler-global-mode: t
  ws-butler-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  global-narrow-reindent-mode: t
  narrow-reindent-mode: t
  eldoc-in-minibuffer-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  persp-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(pp shadow mail-extr emacsbug sendmail cc-playground time-stamp 
modern-cpp-font-lock url-http url-gw
gravatar url-cache bug-reference texmathp unfill preview prv-emacs 
tex-buf company-auctex
company-lua company-lsp company-quickhelp company-statistics 
company-yasnippet company-ispell
company-dabbrev company-capf company reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex 
reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars
font-latex smartparens-latex latex tex-ispell tex-style tex 
latexenc view dired-aux sort tramp
trampver tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs ucs-normalize parse-time 
auto-compile packed rainbow-delimiters
highlight-quoted highlight-numbers parent-mode ace-link avy 
disp-table eieio-opt speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe help-fns radix-tree magit-svn evil-magit 
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash
magit-bisect magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes 
magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-collab ghub url-auth 
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf mailcap magit-files 
magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode 
magit-core magit-autorevert
magit-process magit-margin magit-mode git-commit magit-git 
magit-section magit-utils crm magit-popup
log-edit message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config 
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 
mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log 
with-editor async-bytecomp smex ido
shrink-path vc-git diff-mode yasnippet elec-pair hl-todo 
smartparens-lua lua-mode editorconfig-core
editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch colir all-the-icons 
all-the-icons-faces data-material
data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons 
data-alltheicons memoize persistent-soft
list-utils pcache eieio-base font-utils evil-vimish-fold 
vimish-fold f winner paren doom-themes-org
doom-themes-neotree doom-one-theme evil-escape evil-snipe 
nav-flash pulse warnings realign-mode
face-remap saveplace recentf tree-widget wid-edit 
smartparens-config smartparens-text
smartparens-markdown smartparens solaire-mode cquery cquery-tree 
cquery-codelens
cquery-semantic-highlighting cquery-common cc-mode cc-fonts 
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs lsp-ui lsp-ui-doc markdown-mode 
noutline outline lsp-ui-imenu
lsp-ui-flycheck lsp-ui-peek lsp-ui-sideline lsp-imenu imenu 
lsp-mode network-stream puny nsm rmc
starttls tls gnutls lsp-methods inline lsp-io lsp-notifications 
lsp-common url-util kurecolor
rainbow-mode color dired-ranger bind-map autoinsert 
page-break-lines helm-make helm helm-source
eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib async ag vc-svn find-dired 
s hl-line+ hl-line ivy-rich
dired-open dired-hacks-utils dired-x dired-quick-sort savehist 
ls-lisp ws-butler xt-mouse
evil-terminal-cursor-changer evil-textobj-line git-gutter fcitx 
dbus xml narrow-reindent osc
browse-url perl6-detect flycheck-ledger fringe-helper 
flycheck-pos-tip pos-tip flycheck find-func
dash tex-site unicode-fonts let-alist evil-anzu anzu eldoc-eval 
derived doom-themes
doom-themes-common counsel-projectile projectile grep ibuf-ext 
ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs counsel
dired dired-loaddefs compile esh-util etags ivy-xref xref project 
swiper ivy delsel ivy-overlay ffap
persp-mode cl time-date evil evil-integration evil-maps 
evil-commands reveal flyspell ispell
evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex 
shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common windmove 
thingatpt rect evil-digraphs
evil-vars server core core-keybinds hydra ring lv which-key advice 
core-projects core-editor
undo-tree diff editorconfig rx autorevert filenotify core-popups 
edmacro kmacro shackle trace
core-ui cl-extra help-mode use-package use-package-ensure 
use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key use-package-core easy-mmode 
autoloads core-os core-lib pcase subr-x
finder-inf package easymenu url-handlers url-parse auth-source 
cl-seq eieio eieio-core
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq byte-opt 
bytecomp byte-compile cconv
core-packages cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib mule-util china-util 
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win 
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment 
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select 
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame 
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese 
eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese 
composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray 
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties 
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote 
dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting 
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1088997 459602)
 (symbols 48 66787 141)
 (miscs 40 1354 3276)
 (strings 32 291164 33158)
 (string-bytes 1 14013832)
 (vectors 16 101437)
 (vector-slots 8 2423876 103126)
 (floats 8 953 3028)
 (intervals 56 39806 7836)
 (buffers 992 89))

--
Amos Bird
[email-masked]