Subject: texlive substitute download failure

From: Mike Gerwitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 21:04:49 -0500

Hello, everyone!

I'm trying to install texlive, but unfortunately I get an error
downloading:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
The following package will be installed:
   texlive      2017    /gnu/store/5izbiydbqac7gi9rmzhbmcmafd23v98p-texlive-2017

substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/zqdg1zj69qhjbjycr1m1dp2kirc2y8xk-profile.drv
   /gnu/store/rdnvlc58z4zqhx1r99826svvxr32va22-gtk-icon-themes.drv
   /gnu/store/i79cszz0dnxlldghbwdqlh3hfby5wjwa-xdg-mime-database.drv
   /gnu/store/cln6b40jv0icq3rk8cdr42mf36fdniw2-gtk-im-modules.drv
   /gnu/store/ca73bzg2yjkjaaw492q488ipq9c4kpbm-xdg-desktop-database.drv
   /gnu/store/1z31ybkxx5z1blq7a63sbndjr7ihrdl8-texlive-texmf-2017.drv
   /gnu/store/627yjn42y7g14a6ivz29cm5zrm513za6-texlive-texmf-2017.drv
   /gnu/store/ijvcyhwz84vsqbaxqp1ingw7jhlm9ffp-texlive-bin-20170524.drv
   /gnu/store/7wnmjj549wv0mzqg0hm0j4zbyylw1irx-info-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/18fwm5q4gjy7yhcf93f22v4q1x3xsql6-fonts-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/13r34dp7s1ydi6nkw6za4yq8337gwqj8-ca-certificate-bundle.drv
   /gnu/store/7y7vi15mrhw8in3729lb7jj5p537a2lw-manual-database.drv
   /gnu/store/bs76zas470iybm5wi53wxf1xl40v57sq-texlive-2017.drv
2,435.6 MB will be downloaded:
   /gnu/store/yg617p7x9flwqq582bb0vxhcqpv45pll-texlive-bin-20170524
   /gnu/store/x9ymgh619a763gxyxa3rikpzrqjmlq9f-ruby-2.4.3
   /gnu/store/j4jygazrm6nkhxbnl54dmrlz2749zs2y-lua-5.3.4
   /gnu/store/5rnvmy02yazy8iwaa91kijbbqp8qmflz-texlive-20170524-texmf.tar.xz
   /gnu/store/6cs06m3sxz4ygxfaskq664kjw3j25c7w-texlive-2017
   /gnu/store/94v9vc748rfrbb20sdpypbg351p6rcgi-potrace-1.15
   /gnu/store/d7fnhr9imr4aqbfm6yc114bnvpsrw56a-zziplib-0.13.68
   /gnu/store/l234wcs9fpnvc1lcj5hz66bai0h035si-teckit-2.5.7
Downloading https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org/guix/nar/5rnvmy02yazy8iwaa91kijbbqp8qmflz-texlive-20170524-texmf.tar.xz...
 texlive-20170524-texmf.tar.xz  2.23GiB 948KiB/s 00:05 [                  ]   0.2%
 guix substitute: error: TLS error in procedure 'read_from_session_record_port': Resource temporarily unavailable, try again.
killing process 2102
guix package: error: build failed: some substitutes for the outputs of
derivation
`/gnu/store/j3m0a6rwrz9jmass4zlndpn5y0x8g5n4-texlive-20170524-texmf.tar.xz.drv'
failed (usually happens due to networking issues); try `--fallback' to
build derivation from source
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I upgraded Guix last night (0181df537ffb4e4273b2ca005738fdb7bd3d73f5)
and tried again, but same problem tonight.

I can build from source, but that's something I had hoped to avoid.

Any ideas?

-- 
Mike Gerwitz
Free Software Hacker+Activist | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer
GPG: D6E9 B930 028A 6C38 F43B  2388 FEF6 3574 5E6F 6D05
https://mikegerwitz.com