Subject: bug#30611: closed (Re: bug#30611: texlive substitute download failure)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 15:04:04 +0000

Your bug report

#30607: texlive substitute download failure

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
30607: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=30607
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#30611: texlive substitute download failure
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Mike Gerwitz <[email-masked]>, ng0 <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 16:03:34 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Mike and ng0,

Mike Gerwitz <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Downloading https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org/guix/nar/5rnvmy02yazy8iwaa91kijbbqp8qmflz-texlive-20170524-texmf.tar.xz...
>  texlive-20170524-texmf.tar.xz  2.23GiB 948KiB/s 00:05 [                  ]   0.2%
>  guix substitute: error: TLS error in procedure 'read_from_session_record_port': Resource temporarily unavailable, try again.

ng0 <[email-masked]> skribis:

> 26.4 MB will be downloaded:
>    /gnu/store/40i2anq8kspp3m7n62b8a8mb6l3clpk6-freedoom-0.11.3
>    Downloading https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org/guix/nar/gzip/40i2anq8kspp3m7n62b8a8mb6l3clpk6-freedoom-0.11.3...
>     freedoom-0.11.3  25.2MiB            668KiB/s 00:01 [                  ]   2.2%
>     gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
>     guix substitute: error: corrupt input while restoring '/gnu/store/40i2anq8kspp3m7n62b8a8mb6l3clpk6-freedoom-0.11.3/share/games/doom/freedm.wad' from #{read pipe}#

I believe these substitute issues that you experienced are now fixed.

They were due to lack of disk space on mirror.hydra.gnu.org, which
should now be properly mitigated.

Please let me know if you still experience issues.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: texlive substitute download failure
From: Mike Gerwitz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 21:04:49 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, everyone!

I'm trying to install texlive, but unfortunately I get an error
downloading:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
The following package will be installed:
   texlive      2017    /gnu/store/5izbiydbqac7gi9rmzhbmcmafd23v98p-texlive-2017

substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/zqdg1zj69qhjbjycr1m1dp2kirc2y8xk-profile.drv
   /gnu/store/rdnvlc58z4zqhx1r99826svvxr32va22-gtk-icon-themes.drv
   /gnu/store/i79cszz0dnxlldghbwdqlh3hfby5wjwa-xdg-mime-database.drv
   /gnu/store/cln6b40jv0icq3rk8cdr42mf36fdniw2-gtk-im-modules.drv
   /gnu/store/ca73bzg2yjkjaaw492q488ipq9c4kpbm-xdg-desktop-database.drv
   /gnu/store/1z31ybkxx5z1blq7a63sbndjr7ihrdl8-texlive-texmf-2017.drv
   /gnu/store/627yjn42y7g14a6ivz29cm5zrm513za6-texlive-texmf-2017.drv
   /gnu/store/ijvcyhwz84vsqbaxqp1ingw7jhlm9ffp-texlive-bin-20170524.drv
   /gnu/store/7wnmjj549wv0mzqg0hm0j4zbyylw1irx-info-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/18fwm5q4gjy7yhcf93f22v4q1x3xsql6-fonts-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/13r34dp7s1ydi6nkw6za4yq8337gwqj8-ca-certificate-bundle.drv
   /gnu/store/7y7vi15mrhw8in3729lb7jj5p537a2lw-manual-database.drv
   /gnu/store/bs76zas470iybm5wi53wxf1xl40v57sq-texlive-2017.drv
2,435.6 MB will be downloaded:
   /gnu/store/yg617p7x9flwqq582bb0vxhcqpv45pll-texlive-bin-20170524
   /gnu/store/x9ymgh619a763gxyxa3rikpzrqjmlq9f-ruby-2.4.3
   /gnu/store/j4jygazrm6nkhxbnl54dmrlz2749zs2y-lua-5.3.4
   /gnu/store/5rnvmy02yazy8iwaa91kijbbqp8qmflz-texlive-20170524-texmf.tar.xz
   /gnu/store/6cs06m3sxz4ygxfaskq664kjw3j25c7w-texlive-2017
   /gnu/store/94v9vc748rfrbb20sdpypbg351p6rcgi-potrace-1.15
   /gnu/store/d7fnhr9imr4aqbfm6yc114bnvpsrw56a-zziplib-0.13.68
   /gnu/store/l234wcs9fpnvc1lcj5hz66bai0h035si-teckit-2.5.7
Downloading https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org/guix/nar/5rnvmy02yazy8iwaa91kijbbqp8qmflz-texlive-20170524-texmf.tar.xz...
 texlive-20170524-texmf.tar.xz  2.23GiB 948KiB/s 00:05 [                  ]   0.2%
 guix substitute: error: TLS error in procedure 'read_from_session_record_port': Resource temporarily unavailable, try again.
killing process 2102
guix package: error: build failed: some substitutes for the outputs of
derivation
`/gnu/store/j3m0a6rwrz9jmass4zlndpn5y0x8g5n4-texlive-20170524-texmf.tar.xz.drv'
failed (usually happens due to networking issues); try `--fallback' to
build derivation from source
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I upgraded Guix last night (0181df537ffb4e4273b2ca005738fdb7bd3d73f5)
and tried again, but same problem tonight.

I can build from source, but that's something I had hoped to avoid.

Any ideas?

-- 
Mike Gerwitz
Free Software Hacker+Activist | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer
GPG: D6E9 B930 028A 6C38 F43B  2388 FEF6 3574 5E6F 6D05
https://mikegerwitz.com