Subject: [bug#30604] [PATCH v10 5/6] linux-initrd: Provide our own 'modprobe' program.

From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 20:17:02 +0100

Hi Ludo,

> Do you see a modprobe invocation for “fs-btrfs” or “block-major-xxx”
> before?

I can't get the logfile to show any modprobe log message in this case
(which is "make TESTS=btrfs-root-os check-system").

I had that problem before and I think it's because guix is
using some special /tmp/repl pipe for qemu here[1] and so the message
vanishes somewhere where I can't see it (that is, the guest does
everything correctly but the host loses it somewhere). 

The usual trick I use in this case which is "steal the cmdline and
the files from /proc/<qemu> and invoke it myself" doesn't work
either because of the pipe... hrmmmm...

I tried both /dev/kmsg and just not closing current-output-port etc.

I've double-checked that I've applied all v11 patches, including
the resolve-alias one (which I think is necessary anyway).

Help?

Log file attached.

[1] When it uses the VM to create the root fs.