Subject: Re: bug#30595: [PATCH] Handle command line wrapping in Tramp adb.

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 16:59:58 +0100

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Mathieu,

> The command sent to an adb shell input might be wrapped around
> terminal column count by the kernel. Remove CR and LF introduced when
> it happends.

Your patch doesn't pass Tramp's test suite, using my plain Galaxy S6. It
fails in tramp-test09-insert-file-contents. Could you, pls, check?

In order to run the test suite in Tramp's git repository, apply

$ env REMOTE_TEMPORARY_FILE_DIRECTORY=/adb::/sdcard/tmp make check

If you use Emacs' git repository instead, apply

$ env REMOTE_TEMPORARY_FILE_DIRECTORY=/adb::/sdcard/tmp \
  make check -C test tramp-tests

(You might use another temporary directory on your device.)

Pls sync first with the git repository; I've pushed a patch earlier
today fixing another nasty (unrelated) bug which let Tramp fail in test.

Btw, your other patch wrt bug#30594 runs OK with the tests.

Best regards, Michael.