Subject: bug#30585: cannot input Chinese in input field of http://cn.bing.com

From: z wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 05:44:56 +0000

When visiting http://cn.bing.com and `C-\` to input Chinese using emacs
built-in method,it always shows English not Chinese.

In GNU Emacs 25.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-openbsd)
 of 2017-10-03 built on amd64.ports.openbsd.org
Configured using:
 'configure --build=amd64-unknown-openbsd --without-sound --without-x
 --without-dbus --without-file-notification --without-gconf
 --without-gsettings --without-jpeg --prefix=/usr/local
 --sysconfdir=/etc --mandir=/usr/local/man --infodir=/usr/local/info
 --localstatedir=/var --disable-silent-rules --disable-gtk-doc
 'CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe -fno-pie' CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib -nopie''

Configured features:
GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: zh_CN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ERC

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  erc-scrolltobottom-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Found 1 items, similar to Warranty.
-->stardict1.3英汉辞典
-->warranty

n. 担保,保证,根据;
 [2 times]
funcall-interactively: End of buffer [2 times]
next-line: End of buffer [9 times]
Mark set
next-line: End of buffer [11 times]
funcall-interactively: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/misc/misc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/misc
~/.emacs.d/lisp/prolog hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/progmodes/prolog
~/.emacs.d/lisp/package hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/package

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired rfc822 mml mml-sec epg
epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail misearch multi-isearch jka-compr timezone parse-time windmove
network-stream nsm starttls url-http tls gnutls mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-cache url-auth eww mm-url gnus
gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse url-vars mailcap shr seq dom subr-x browse-url ibuf-ext
em-unix em-term term disp-table ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist
em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias skeleton
erc-truncate erc-list erc-menu erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-button
wid-edit erc-fill erc-stamp erc-track erc-ring erc-match erc-join
erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec
auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt eieio-core gnus-util mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr password-cache term/xterm xterm bookmark pp auctex-autoloads
tex-site info tool-bar package derived cl-macs wubi quail advice
pcomplete comint ansi-color ring esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext
esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util ibuffer
thingatpt edmacro kmacro regexp-opt image-file time-date paren time
image delsel cua-base bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu
cconv cl gv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mule-util china-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type tabulated-list
newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1028561 55282)
 (symbols 48 30002 0)
 (miscs 40 181 1276)
 (strings 32 163178 20156)
 (string-bytes 1 7218892)
 (vectors 16 55817)
 (vector-slots 8 1373059 57441)
 (floats 8 314 683)
 (intervals 56 128343 422)
 (buffers 976 36))
-- 
e^{\pi i} + 1 = 0})