Subject: 26.0; Dired: moving current directory (./)

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 09:38:17 -0800 (PST)

See https://emacs.stackexchange.com/a/39010/105.

Putting point on the current-directory line of a Dired listing, i.e.,
`.', and using `R' to move/rename that directory, works, but you get an
error message, and you don't end up in a Dired listing for that
(now-renamed) directory.

This is the error message you get, where /some/dir1/dir2/ccc/ is the
directory listed in Dired, i.e., the dir that corresponds to `.' in the
Dired listing:

Expected to find /some/dir1/dir2/ccc/./ in headerline of
/some/dir1/dir2/ccc/

It would be good to be able to perform this operation without any
glitches.  (Yes, of course you can always go to the parent directory in
Dired and then rename the child dir from there.)

In GNU Emacs 26.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2018-01-22
Repository revision: 752fba992b793a74d202c9cfc3e1a92fd458e748
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''