Subject: bug#30577: automake 1.15.1 path issue

From: Adrian Sweet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 17:12:08 +0000

Hi,

I've installed automake 1.15.1 into a path containing the @ symbol 
(Jenkins pipeline build), on running aclocal in my package the script 
fails with a perl error:

Setting up aclocal
Possible unintended interpolation of @1 in string at /tmp/@1/bin/aclocal 
line 72.
aclocal: error: couldn't open directory '/tmp//share/aclocal-1.15': No 
such file or directory

Looking at aclocal line 72 I believe the path has been enclosed in the 
incorrect quotes, I've included a patch below which resolves the issue.

diff -Naur aaa/bin/aclocal.in bbb/bin/aclocal.in
--- aaa/bin/aclocal.in  2017-06-17 02:28:31.000000000 +0100
+++ bbb/bin/aclocal.in  2018-02-22 15:58:58.642816923 +0000
@@ -69,7 +69,7 @@
  # ACLOCAL_PATH environment variable, and reset with the '--system-acdir'
  # option.
  my @user_includes = ();
-my @automake_includes = ("@datadir@/aclocal-$APIVERSION");
+my @automake_includes = ('@datadir@/aclocal' . "-$APIVERSION");
  my @system_includes = ('@datadir@/aclocal');

  # Whether we should copy M4 file in $user_includes[0].