Subject: Re: bug#30569: Packages count as installed twice

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 20:52:28 +0100

Hi Andreas,

> trying to upgrade my packages, I notice something curious:
>
> $ ./pre-inst-env guix package -n -u
> The following packages would be upgraded:
> ...
>    gnutls	3.5.13 -> 3.5.13	/gnu/store/1ah3fd12w6v66q6yjdmd39xbisqi0gpw-gnutls-3.5.13
>    gnutls	3.5.13 -> 3.5.13	/gnu/store/1ah3fd12w6v66q6yjdmd39xbisqi0gpw-gnutls-3.5.13
> ...

Does the package appear twice in the profile’s “manifest” file
(e.g. ~/.guix-profile/manifest)?

I’m not sure how it could have ended up there, but one possibility might
be that you had two different versions of gnutls and they have both been
upgraded to the latest version.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net