Subject: Re: bug#30569: Packages count as installed twice

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 22:34:53 +0100

Hello,

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 08:52:28PM +0100, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> Does the package appear twice in the profile’s “manifest” file
> (e.g. ~/.guix-profile/manifest)?

no, I am not using a manifest and do things by hand all the time.

> I’m not sure how it could have ended up there, but one possibility might
> be that you had two different versions of gnutls and they have both been
> upgraded to the latest version.

This is a plausible explanation.

I ended up running this command:

$ ./pre-inst-env guix package -r gnutls -i gnutls
guile: warning: failed to install locale
warning: failed to install locale: Invalid argument
guix package: warning: Consider running 'guix pull' followed by
'guix package -u' to get up-to-date packages and security updates.

The following packages will be removed:
   gnutls	3.5.13	/gnu/store/g09is0bw144d8zrd059fiarqmjq7vr8a-gnutls-3.5.13
   gnutls	3.5.13	/gnu/store/g09is0bw144d8zrd059fiarqmjq7vr8a-gnutls-3.5.13

The following package will be upgraded:
   gnutls	3.5.13 -> 3.5.13	/gnu/store/g09is0bw144d8zrd059fiarqmjq7vr8a-gnutls-3.5.13

Then I ended up with only one listed.

Anyway, I do not think it did any harm, but it could indicate a bug somewhere
in the code.

Andreas