Subject: Re: bug#30562: "guix import pypi" fails now with "guix pulled" guix.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 16:13:31 +0100

Hi Danny,

Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> skribis:

> In guix/build/download.scm:
>     406:4  4 (open-connection-for-uri _ #:timeout _ # _)
>    407:14  3 (thunk)
>    342:14  2 (open-socket-for-uri #<<uri> scheme: https userinfo: #…> …)
>     321:4  1 (ensure-uri #<<uri> scheme: https userinfo: #f host: "p…>)
> In unknown file:
>            0 (_ #<<uri> scheme: https userinfo: #f host: "pypi.pytho…>)
>
> ERROR: ERROR: Wrong type to apply: #<syntax-transformer uri?>

The problem here has to do with an ABI change between Guile 2.2.2 and
2.2.3: in one case ‘uri?’ is a syntax, whereas in the other case it’s a
macro.

Normally ‘guix pull’ arranges to compile with a matching Guile version
for that reason: see commit 66f217b43aca603326dab17d4dda1a398bf4fb8c and
<https://bugs.gnu.org/29570>.

I’m not sure why this fix doesn’t work for you.  Is your ‘guix’ command
using 2.2.2 or 2.2.3?  Could it be that you ran ‘guix pull’ with 2.2.3
and then ran subsequent commands with 2.2.2?

Thanks,
Ludo’.