Subject: Re: bug#30552: 27.0.50; Incorrect link to Early Init File node and Early Init File clarification

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 16:16:53 +0000

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 3:39 PM Radon Rosborough <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
> The set of variables which need to be set in early-init.el is exactly
> the same as the set of variables which need to be set before
> `package-initialize' is run, and hasn't changed as a result of this
> patch.
>

Thanks, that makes sense.

> I do agree that adding explicit documentation of these
> variables would be a good thing, though.
>

Do you still want to add few examples in the Early Init File node?
Something that says along the lines of:

"Variables that need to be set before calling package-initialize, like
package-user-dir, package-enable-at-startup should now be customized inside
this Early Init file. Variables that can be set post package-initialize,
like package-archives can be set in default Emacs Init file."
-- 

Kaushal Modi