Subject: Re: bug#30552: 27.0.50; Incorrect link to Early Init File node and Early Init File clarification

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 16:13:24 +0000

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 2:28 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Fixed, thanks.

Hi Eli,

That doesn't seem to have fixed this. I believe the fix is this?:

diff --git a/doc/emacs/package.texi b/doc/emacs/package.texi
index 6c7493790d..b4398a553f 100644
--- a/doc/emacs/package.texi
+++ b/doc/emacs/package.texi
@@ -252,7 +252,7 @@ Package Installation
   After a package is installed, it is automatically made available by
 Emacs in all subsequent sessions.  This happens at startup, before
 processing the init file but after processing the early init file
-(@pxref{Early Init File,,, elisp, The Emacs Lisp Reference Manual}).
+(@pxref{Early Init File,,, emacs, The Emacs Manual}).
 As an exception, Emacs does not make packages available at startup if
 invoked with the @samp{-q} or @samp{--no-init-file} options
 (@pxref{Initial Options}).
@@ -261,7 +261,7 @@ Package Installation
   To keep Emacs from automatically making packages available at
 startup, change the variable @code{package-enable-at-startup} to
 @code{nil}.  You must do this in the early init file (@pxref{Early
-Init File,,, elisp, The Emacs Lisp Reference Manual}), as the variable
+Init File,,, emacs, The Emacs Manual}), as the variable
 is read before loading the regular init file.  Currently this variable
 cannot be set via Customize.

-- 

Kaushal Modi