Subject: bug#30547: closed (Re: Hurd patch for `patch` does not apply to latest release)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 01:41:03 +0000

Your bug report

#30547: Hurd patch for `patch` does not apply to latest release

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
30547: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=30547
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: Hurd patch for `patch` does not apply to latest release
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 20:40:40 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The Hurd `patch` patch was adjusted in commit
ec07ba1ff73d6317470517ccf530a4a89b216f23

Subject: Hurd patch for `patch` does not apply to latest release
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Manolis Ragkousis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 07:20:34 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

There is a new version of GNU Patch, 2.7.6:

https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/patch/

I noticed that our patch, 'patch-hurd-path-max.patch', doesn't apply. I
have an idea of how to adapt the patch, but I don't really have a way to
test it.

Manolis, are you able to adapt the patch to Patch 2.7.6?