Subject: Re: bug#30546: 27.0.50; shr: span tag with href attribute

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 12:10:52 +0100

Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]> writes:

> Though it is not necessarily a bug[1], Firefox renders this as
> a link but shr doesn't:
>
> <span href="https://www.example.com" style="font-size:...">Foo</span>
>
> Jidanni wrote me that some html mails he receives contain such
> forms, and I tried making shr support it as the patch attached
> below.  I'm not quite sure whether it causes a trouble but I'm
> going to try it for some time.

That sounds kinda weird.  :-)  And I'm not able to reproduce the
behaviour in Firefox.

My crystal ball says that the page jidanni is looking at has some
Javascript that transforms the spans into links.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no