Subject: Re: bug#30545: 27.0.50; Emacs on XFCE session save/startup causes multiple instances of emacs to be opened

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 00:19:00 +0200

tags 30545 + moreinfo
quit

Quentin Jankosky <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is similar to my previously submitted bug, bug#30543.
>
> When saving and loading a desktop session in XFCE through logging in and
> out, emacs will behave strangely. This may depend on virtual desktops,
> but this needs testing.
>
> 1) Launch emacs in a virtual desktop.
> 2) Logout through XFCE (automatically saves session).
> 3) Log back in (automatically loads session).
> ISSUE) Emacs will launch properly in whatever virtual desktop it was
> saved in, but emacs will also launch on the first desktop. Closing this
> wrong emacs causes another to be launched. This continues 8 or 9 times
> and then it stops.
>
> This is very annoying, and should be addressed. I will continue testing
> with a single desktop to see what happens.

This sounds more like a problem with XFCE or your configuration to me
than an issue with Emacs.

Could you please provide more details on why you think this is a bug in
Emacs?

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas