Subject: Re: bug#30544: 26.0.91; ansi-term duplicates 2 line zsh prompts any time windows change (maybe other times)

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 18:33:07 -0700

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 6:06 PM, Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Yes, I did PROMPT=$'one\ntwo' (by the way, I found I had to remove
> 'prompt adam1' from my .zshrc (the default setup puts it in), otherwise
> setting PROMPT has no effect).  I can reproduce the problem in term.el,
> but urxvt doesn't have any problems no matter how I resize.

Ah, apparently I can only reproduce it in iterm2 if I have an RPROMPT
that does a lineup and linedown to get the RPROMPT on the first
line...

PROMPT=$'one\ntwo'
local _lineup=$'\e[1A'
local _linedown=$'\e[1B'
RPROMPT='%{${_lineup}%}%*%{${_linedown}%}'

I've also noticed that emacs seems to be doing unnecessary resizing
when switching between perspectives using perspective.el. I haven't
yet looked into what is causing that, but I suspect adding a check
similar to what iterm2 has, where we actually see what the process tty
size is and only set it if it has changed may help that.