Subject: Re: [bug#30492] [PATCH 3/4] gnu: Add [email-masked].

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 18:07:38 +0100

Björn Höfling <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/wxwidgets.scm (wxwidgets-2.8): New variable.

This is effectively a revert of
6f9ba4c91c096a2fb95da111be0657d99ef2b683.  However, it does some things
differently, can you have a look and see if this patch needs adjustment?

[...]
  
> +(define-public wxwidgets-2.8
> +  (package (inherit wxwidgets)
> +           (version "2.8.12")
> +           (source
> +            (origin
> +              (method url-fetch)
> +              (uri (string-append "https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/archive/v"
> +                                  version ".tar.gz"))

wxWidgets provides "release" tarballs which are preferred to the
auto-generated git archive tarballs.  See the above-mentioned commit for
the proper URL :-)