Subject: bug#30491: [External] : Re: bug#30491: 26.0; (elisp) `Profiling'

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 11:36:37 -0700

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From reading this thread, it seems like the documentation issues here
>> have been fixed.  There were also some tangents, but separate bug
>> reports were filed for those.  So it doesn't seem like there's nothing
>> more to do here, and I'm closing this bug.
>>
>> As always, please report back if there's something I missed.  Please
>> open new bug reports for any remaining issues that are not related to
>> the documentation changes discussed here.  Thanks in advance.
>
> Some doc problems were addressed; other problems (UI)
> were not.  (The bug wasn't closed in 2018, BTW.)

The fact that the bug wasn't closed doesn't tell us much, as bugs are
routinely left open for over a decade around here just because someone
forgot to close it.  ;-)

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that there are outstanding
UI issues left to fix.  I suggest you open new bug reports for them, as
it takes a significant amount of time to trawl through bug reports about
unrelated issues looking for such nuggets of information.  As is
evidenced by me closing this bug: I didn't see that there was anything
in here that wasn't already fixed, even after having read the discussion
in full.

Thanks in advance.