Subject: [bug#30464] [PATCH 1/2] services: Add console-agetty-service.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 18:52:45 +0100

Hi Danny,

The discussion drifted a bit…  :-)

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> skribis:

[...]

>> It doesn't make sense to have agetty itself depend on syslogd because
>> agetty can be (and usually is) used for modems etc which have nothing
>> to do with the local console.
>
> Alright.
>
> How about adding a ‘dependencies’ field to <agetty-configuration>?  It’d
> default to the empty list, and could be set to '(syslogd) in this case.
>
> Does that sound too obscure to you, or would it be OK?

Thoughts?  The ‘dependencies’ hack looks simple enough and would solve
this immediate need, I think.

Ludo’.