Subject: [bug#30464] [PATCH 1/2] services: Add console-agetty-service.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 15:40:14 +0100

Hello,

Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/services/base.scm (<agetty-configuration>): Make tty default to #f.
> (console-agetty-shepherd-service): New variable.
> (console-agetty-service-type): New variable.
> (console-agetty-service): New variable.
> (%base-services): Replace agetty-service instance by console-agetty-service
> instance.

Could you explain the rationale?

The only difference is that this shepherd service depends on ‘syslogd’
whereas the current agetty service doesn’t, right?

> +(define* (console-agetty-service config)
> +  "Return a service to run agetty according to @var{config}, which specifies
> +the tty to run, defaulting to the Linux console."
> +  (service console-agetty-service-type config))

In general we don’t provide such procedures any more and instead expose
service types and configs directly.

Thanks,
Ludo’.