Subject: bug#30462: flyspell-auto-correct-word 'corrects' more than the current word

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 06:08:26 +0200

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 02:24:32 +0200
> 
> On 2/17/18 6:09 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> > I think I see the reason for this: it's a stale cache from a previous
> > invocation of flyspell-auto-correct-word that is not flushed when you
> > type more text or move point.  So flyspell-auto-correct-word tries to
> > correct the same word het time you invoke it, no matter how far away
> > are you.
> 
> So it seems like it was an implementation accident after all (i.e. a 
> bug), rather than a old behavior worth preserving.

Yes.  I somehow managed to get the problematic behavior on the first
attempt, and then misinterpreted the code which caused that.

> > Please try the patch below (you will need to byte-compile flyspell.el
> > after applying the patch).  If it gives good results, please run with
> > it for a while and see if there are any problems left.  If this change
> > has no adverse effects, I will push it.
> 
> It does fix the scenarios I could come up with. Looks like a good change 
> to me, thanks!

Thanks for testing.  I will wait a few more days before pushing.