Subject: bug#30462: flyspell-auto-correct-word 'corrects' more than the current word

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 12:15:52 +0200

On 2/15/18 7:56 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> I would respectfully say fix it to act like its documentation.
> 
> That would change its long-standing behavior in incompatible ways, so
> I don't think we can do that.

I respectfully disagree. The current behavior is both undocumented and 
dangerous.

>> And make reaching into the dark corners of your document that you are
>> not aware of and changing words ... into a non-default bonus feature...
>> or move it into M-x dissociated-press.
> 
> I'm okay with making this behavior optional, but it will have to be on
> by default, for backward compatibility.

Is it really that important in this case? We're allowed to change the 
defaults from time to time.

And having C-M-i (bound to completion-at-point in most other contexts) 
do something like this is a bad UI.