Subject: [bug#30459] [PATCH 06/11] services: certbot: Get certbot to run non-interactively.

From: Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 23:46:07 +0100

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:

> Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> * doc/guix.texi (Certificate Services): Add email field.
>> * gnu/services/certbot.scm (<certbot-configuration>, certbot-command,
>> certbot-activation, certbot-nginx-server-configurations): Add email field.
>> (certbot-command): Add '-n' and '--agree-tos' options.
>> (certbot-service-type): Remove default-value.
>
> Since this effectively hides the ToS from the user, I think we should
> update documentation to link to it.  Something along the lines of
> "By using this service, you agree to the Terms and Conditions laid out
> in URL...".
>
> I'm not a user of certbot currently and thus haven't tested it, but the
> other patches LGTM to me.  Thanks a lot for working on this!

Thank you very much for the review, Marius, I'll update the
documentation as you said.

I won't push right now because I'm unconvinced by certbot-activation:
  - it runs at every reconfigure, whereas I want it to run only when the
    configuration changes
  - it runs at system startup (with no internet access, I think) which I
    obviously don't want
  - it requires internet access

Assuming there is no way to get it to run only on reconfigure when the
configuration has changed, I could make a command that the user would
use manually (wich profile-service-type).  They would use this command
if they add new certificates and if they don't want to wait for the cron
task to happen.  WDYT?