Subject: bug#30455: 27.0.50; problem in diary-remind

From: John <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 15:06:57 +0000

Today I got a warning from my diary when I started emacs, my .emacs
file having lisp to display my diary on start-up.

Error (diary): Bad diary sexp at line 19 in /home/jpff/diary:
(diary-remind '(diary-date 3 1 2018) '(20 15 12 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0))
Error: (void-variable days)

This has been apparently working until now, but I do notice today is 15
days before 1March.  Could not find out what the void-variable meant.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 133, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.31)
 of 2018-02-14 built on xenakis
Repository revision: 95620e69395b6581eef65e422cac5fbf2b0c9ebf
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11803000
System Description: openSUSE Leap 42.3

Recent messages:
Error setting my-trailing-space-face: (invalid-function (((class color)) (:background Gold)))
Preparing diary...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...
Loading dired-add...done
Deleting...done
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer, C-M-v to scroll help.
Auto-saving...done

Mark set [2 times]

Configured using:
 'configure --with-gnutls=no'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11 THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Special

Minor modes in effect:
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow flyspell mailalias mailcrypt mail-extr comint ansi-color ring
ispell emacsbug message rmc puny format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-extra help-fns radix-tree help-mode
map seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
dired dired-loaddefs elec-pair cal-julian delsel cus-start cus-load
image-file crypt crypt++ crypt+pgp-pub paren view cal-china cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew lunar solar cal-dst warnings appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu easymenu calendar
cal-loaddefs time time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded
nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 140729 8517)
 (symbols 48 23722 1)
 (miscs 40 203 418)
 (strings 32 39928 3007)
 (string-bytes 1 1125118)
 (vectors 16 19041)
 (vector-slots 8 576671 7210)
 (floats 8 602 749)
 (intervals 56 1799 0)
 (buffers 992 16)
 (heap 1024 44849 1420))

==John ffitch