Subject: bug#30445: eww-readable is too narrow in jira issues

From: Arne Babenhauserheide <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 18:33:19 +0100

Dear Emacs Team,

Using eww-readable in a JIRA issue can remove most of the relevant
information, if the bug information is shorter than a given field (I
cannot share the example issue). In a public demo issue I found, only
the title is shown ( <https://demo.qotilabs.com/jira/browse/BC-50> ).

It would be great if eww-readable could be set to require a minimum
length of the final content and keep additional fields if the element
with the highest information value has too little content.

(for most issues eww-readable retrieved the content of the issue very
well -- which is great for quick lookup -- but for one issue which had
no content, a field with standard content was chosen while the title
disappeared)

Best wishes,
Arne

In GNU Emacs 25.3.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2017-09-12 built on lcy01-32
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
System Description:	Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 '--includedir=${prefix}/include' '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man'
 '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
 --disable-silent-rules '--libdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' --disable-maintainer-mode
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --program-suffix=25 --with-modules --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Compilation

Minor modes in effect:
  image-diredx-async-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  kde-default-keys-minor-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  type-break-query-mode: t
  type-break-mode-line-message-mode: t
  type-break-mode: t
  tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
  tabbar-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  dynamic-completion-mode: t
  dumb-jump-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

...

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail dired-k dired-subtree dired-hacks-utils
whitespace sort inf-lisp lispy iedit lispy-inline semantic/db
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff edebug lispy-tags avy help-macro
sgml-mode iedit-lib hydra lv ox-asciidoc adoc-mode tempo markup-faces
image-file wisp-mode rect calc-alg calc-menu vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs
vc-cvs vc-rcs face-remap gh-issue-comments bts pos-tip yaxception log4e
widget-mvc plstore git package-recipe-mode package-build-badges
package-build gh-search gitlab-users gitlab-mode gitlab-notes
gitlab-milestones gitlab-session gitlab-version pkg-info epl
gitlab-utils gitlab-issues gitlab-projects gitlab-http gitlab-api
request magithub-dash magithub-orgs magithub-issue-tricks
magithub-issue-post magithub-ci magithub-notification
magithub-issue-view magithub-comment magithub-edit-mode magithub-repo
magithub-issue magithub-label magithub-user magithub-core magithub-faces
magithub-settings recentf tree-widget markdown-mode bug-reference ghub+
apiwrap ox-gfm gh gh-users gh-issues gh-pulls gh-repos gh-comments
gh-gist gh-oauth gh-api logito gh-cache pcache eieio-base gh-auth gh-url
ox-md em-unix em-term term disp-table ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls
em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias
htmlize simple-httpd image-dired+ image-dired imenu ag vc-svn amx
guix-command guix-ui-generation guix-ui-profile guix-ui-package
guix-package guix-location guix-license pcmpl-unix guix-hydra-build
guix-hydra guix-auto-mode guix-build-log guix-misc guix-ui
guix-ui-messages guix-read guix-repl guix-profiles guix-external
guix-geiser guix-guile guix-help-vars guix-popup guix-config
guix-default-config guix-help guix-utils guix bui geiser-mode
geiser-xref geiser-compile geiser-debug geiser-chibi geiser-mit
geiser-chez geiser-chicken geiser-racket geiser-guile geiser-repl
geiser-image geiser-company geiser-doc geiser-menu geiser-autodoc
info-look geiser geiser-edit geiser-completion geiser-eval
geiser-connection tq geiser-syntax scheme geiser-log geiser-popup
geiser-impl geiser-custom geiser-base bui-list bui-info bui-entry
bui-core bui-history bui-button bui-utils novice tramp-cmds tramp-cache
timezone re-builder system-packages two-column iso-transl apropos
helm-system-packages-dpkg helm-system-packages helm helm-source
helm-multi-match helm-lib swiper ivy delsel ivy-overlay ert magit-tag
magit-merge magit-reset ox-odt ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table
ox-ascii ox-publish ox esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc
esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util org-id warnings
ob-octave ebnf2ps ps-print ps-def lpr calc-store calc-trail calc-ext
calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs tar-mode autoload shr-color eww mm-url
url-queue shr dom browse-url lisp-mnt mm-archive url-handlers
network-stream nsm starttls url-http url-gw url-cache eieio-opt speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe mail-extr find-dired ahg vc-annotate grep ewoc
restclient conf-mode view python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize sh-script smie executable kanban
magit-bookmark bookmark cal-move org-capture misearch multi-isearch
tabify nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc
xmltok vc vc-dispatcher magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash
magit-bisect magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-branch magit-collab ghub url-auth url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap let-alist magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode
magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-process
magit-margin magit-mode git-commit magit-git magit-section magit-utils
crm magit-popup log-edit pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp
async ffap debug glasses cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds pp
org-table org-duration org-clock diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-iso
org-agenda vc-git diff-mode org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus
nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils org-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m
org-element avl-tree org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-scheme ob-dot
ob-python ob-shell shell pcomplete ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs server
flycheck find-func subr-x flymake highlight-indent-guides color epa-file
epa epg keyboard-shortcuts disy cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs google-c-style ido-preview kill-ring-ido noflet cl-indent
browse-kill-ring derived cl fic-mode javadoc-lookup ac-emacs-eclim
eclim-completion thingatpt eclim eclim-scala eclim-debug gud
eclim-java-run xml eclim-maven compile comint eclim-java eclim-problems
hl-line format-spec eclim-project eclim-ant eclimd eclim-common
eclim-macros arc-mode archive-mode json map auto-complete-config
auto-complete java-snippets yasnippet-snippets yasnippet ansi-color
journal babcore2 key-chord advice goto-last-change use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key use-package-core vc-hg type-break tabbar
easy-mmode ido-completing-read+ memoize cus-edit wid-edit minibuf-eldef
ido completion dumb-jump popup f etags xref project ring cus-start
cus-load finder-inf edmacro kmacro gh-common gh-profile url-parse
auth-source gnus-util time-date mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr
password-cache url-vars rx s marshal eieio-compat cl-seq dash eieio
eieio-core cl-macs info package epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 4152357 688006)
 (symbols 48 100227 0)
 (miscs 40 8639 12194)
 (strings 32 750429 96925)
 (string-bytes 1 36136959)
 (vectors 16 146414)
 (vector-slots 8 2853132 278099)
 (floats 8 2882 3647)
 (intervals 56 381305 68184)
 (buffers 976 169)
 (heap 1024 437074 204599))