Subject: Re: [bug#30443] [PATCH] Add colobot

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 22:28:56 +0100

Hello,

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 02:08:54AM +0100, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>> +           ;; Music also exists in FLAC, with a cost of 230Mo.  It can later
>> +           ;; be converted using "oggenc" for a better sound quality.
>> +           (uri (string-append "https://colobot.info/files/music/"
>> +                               "colobot-music_ogg_" version ".tar.gz"))
>
> I think this comment is mistaken. Audio quality cannot be improved by
> transcoding to another format.

This is not what I meant. 

The game expects ogg files for its music. The package provides default
ogg files, of medium quality. If you want better audio quality, you can
download (lossless?) FLAC files instead and convert them to ogg files
with a better quality (and a lesser compression).

If this comment is confusing, I can remove it. I guess one doesn't play
this game for sound quality (even though some scores are nice).

WDYT?

Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738