Subject: bug#30440: parted error

From: Chris Hartt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 13:07:33 -0800

i've been in the reply-to-sender habit so long that i'm afraid that 
it's become almost hard-wired but i will do my best. :) thanks for the 
help and hope your day goes well.

On 02/14/2018 01:04 PM, Phil Susi wrote:
> On 2/14/2018 3:57 PM, Chris Hartt wrote:
>> i had previously gone into parted and then used the select device
>> command from there and the crash happened. when i tried the "(sudo)
>> parted /dev/sde print" string it worked properly. i then started parted
>> and tried to select sde and found it was already selected. i selected
>> and printed /dev/sda from within the program which worked fine and then
>> reselected /dev/sde and it worked properly again. reselected sda and
>> then quit the program. restarted the program and sda was the selected
>> device and i was again able to select sde. it appears to be working
>> properly again.
>>
>> did a restart (shutdown -r now) and again the program did not crash
>> trying to select sde as it did a couple of days ago. i can only assume
>> that the gremlins are mightily afeared of your mojo and have scurried
>> back under whatever rock they had crawled out from under to afflict my
>> day. if this problem recurs may i use the same bug# or go through the
>> main bug swatting procedure again?
> You can use the same bug number, and again, please keep the bug email on
> the Cc: list.  Make a habit if using the reply-to-all button so as not
> to cut people out of the conversation.
>