Subject: bug#30440: parted error

From: Chris Hartt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 12:31:35 -0800

sudo dd if=/dev/sde count=1 | hd

1+0 records in
1+0 records out
512 bytes copied, 0.000549976 s, 931 kB/s
00000000  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 
|................|
*
00000200

On 02/14/2018 12:23 PM, Phil Susi wrote:
> On 2/14/2018 3:22 PM, Chris Hartt wrote:
>> no partition table. i've not used parted before and wanted to only do
>> the non-destructive things that were available, like print and select
>> device and help. i've got another disc (sdh) with no partition table in
>> the same machine and it can be selected by parted without crashing. i
>> had selected and printed the information from sde previously so it was a
>> bit of a surprise not to be able to do it a second time. there is one
>> difference between sde and the other disc sdh and that is that sde is in
>> a port-multiplier box. don't know if any of this helps or not.
> So parted /dev/sde print crashes?  Can you run dd if=/dev/sde count=1 |
> hd and send the results?
>
>