Subject: bug#30440: parted error

From: Chris Hartt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 12:22:12 -0800

no partition table. i've not used parted before and wanted to only do 
the non-destructive things that were available, like print and select 
device and help. i've got another disc (sdh) with no partition table in 
the same machine and it can be selected by parted without crashing. i 
had selected and printed the information from sde previously so it was a 
bit of a surprise not to be able to do it a second time. there is one 
difference between sde and the other disc sdh and that is that sde is in 
a port-multiplier box. don't know if any of this helps or not.

On 02/14/2018 12:14 PM, Phil Susi wrote:
> On 2/14/2018 2:36 PM, Chris Hartt wrote:
>> chris@bas2:~$ sudo fdisk -l /dev/sde
>>
>> Disk /dev/sde: 7.3 TiB, 8001563222016 bytes, 15628053168 sectors
>> Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
>> Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 4096 bytes
>> I/O size (minimum/optimal): 4096 bytes / 4096 bytes
> The disk has no partition table?  And please keep the bug on the Cc: list.
>