Subject: bug#30435: libreoffice: Fonts don't show up after install

From: hmk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 12:06:00 +0100

Package: guix

After installing and running libreoffice with
$ guix package -i [email-masked]
$ soffice
no fonts show up (see attached screenshot).

Following the instructions provided by
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Application-Setup.html#Application-Setup
I did
$ guix package -i fontconfig font-gnu-freefont-ttf
$ fc-cache -f
and this solves the issue.

Is this a missing dependency? Even though instructions to fix this
problem are given, from an end-user's perspective it would be nicer 
perhaps to
have it automated?

(It's the first time I am posting to debbugs.gnu.org -- apologies if
something is not done in the proper way or form.)