Subject: bug#3043 closed by Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> (Done)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 13:30:05 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#3043: 23.0.92; GtkFileSelection is deprecated

It has been closed by Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
3043: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=3043
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Done
From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 15:23:38 +0200

Done.

	Jan D.

Subject: 23.0.92; GtkFileSelection is deprecated
From: Sven Joachim <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 08:48:17 +0200

Emacs uses GtkFileSelection in gtkutil.c which has been deprecated in
GTK+ 2.12.  That means that it will not build with a future GTK+ 3.0,
or with -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED in a current GTK+ 2.x.

This problem is not urgent, but it would be good if gtkutil.c could use
the GtkFileChooser interface instead.